Verifica la tua compatibilità con questo annuncio
Job Description for 5521BR – Production Planner for Mechanical and Electrical Components
Solar Turbines Switzerland SAGL is a fully integrated part of Solar Turbines, headquartered in San Diego, California, USA. Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
The Solar Turbines family has over 6,000 employees worldwide and is fully dedicated to its power generation markets, which are served through our people around the world. Solar is part of Caterpillar Inc., the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas reciprocating engines and industrial and industrial gas turbines.
The Production Planner reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Production Planner is accountable for directing, controlling and coordinating product material ordering (mechanical and electrical components), manufacturing / production order releasing and analyse MRP, keeping strong contact to Engineering, Project Management, Procurement and supporting Sales in detailed product planning activities.
- Analyse BoM Released by Engineering and convert it into Manufacturing Orders to create the corresponding needs into the ERP system.
- Verification of the timely order release for the package critical items.
- Expedite Suppliers / Material as required.
- Supports the evaluation of Purchased Material Requirements (from needs calculation, ROP, customer service, etc.) and plans material replenishment / procurement.
- Support the management of delivery of components on the critical path and the management of suppliers of those components as well as support to the Project Execution Strategy.
- Participates to the periodic Production Meetings.
- Periodical update of department documents and files.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems using standard practices and procedures.
- Maintain data accuracy in the ERP system
Travelling: occasionally (max. 5% of the time), for short periods.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sensitiveness to and knowledge of customer needs.
- Demonstration of a high level of business ethics and professional behavior.
- Computer / system skills / MS Office skills and ERP (Navision, BAAN) systems.
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Bachelor degree is preferred, or equivalent directly related experience of 1-3 years (production planning, engineering, project management or equivalent).
- Knowledge of inventory control and planning / scheduling basic principles and methodologies and a basic understanding of manufacturing and service operations, with product and commodity knowledge preferred.
- Material Management, Planning or Supply Chain certifications and knowledge of basic 6 Sigma principles will be a plus.
- Fluency in other languages will be a plus.