We are looking to appoint an Electrical Design Engineer with a focus on dry type transformers used in a wide range of applications. In this role, you will be responsible for dry type electrical designs relating to LV & traction transformers and reactors. Are you capable of coordinating design activities within a worldwide network of factories, the aim being to deliver high-quality and costeffective designs tailored to customer requirements? Do you have what it takes to promote global standardization initiatives and drive our design activities forward? Let’s write the future. Together.
- Understand electrical design concept of transformers / reactors and evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments
- Produce high-quality and cost-effective designs to comply with customer requirements and factory needs for quotations and purchase orders
- Attend meetings with LV team members, local engineering teams, and customers to discuss technical solutions tailored to market requirements
- Provide technical support for manufacturing locations, the focus being on producing transformers in accordance with design specifications
- Maintain close dialogue with sales team and customers regarding transformer design and liaise with Design System Manager to coordinate improvements or implementation in the design system
- Provide technical support/supervision relating to testing, installation, and commissioning activities, thereby ensuring best-in-class design engineering.
- Solid university degree in Electrical Engineering (3 – 5 years’ electrical design experience in dry type transformer and reactor applications considered a plus)
- Good knowledge of dry type transformer manufacturing processes and testing
- Proven track record relating to cost-out projects and design optimization
- Proficiency in use of current design tools and knowledge of Finite Element Analysis tools
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken • Willingness to travel (20%) and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers .